I had some issues getting Cyanogenmod running/booting on my Nexus 5X. After reading through a bunch of forum posts and some trial and error, I got it running.
Here are the steps:
- Download a factory image (version didn’t matter for me)
- Extract the tar and image-bullhead-XXXXXX.zip
- Rename bootloader-bullhead-XXXXXX.img to bootloader.img and radio-bullhead-XXXXXX.img to radio.img and move them in with the rest of the .img files
- Reboot Nexus 5X into the bootloader (power + vol down)
- Run the following commands in terminal in the directory where your extracted files are:
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img; fastboot reboot-bootloader; echo "Waiting 5 seconds for bootloader to reboot"; sleep 5; fastboot flash radio radio.img; fastboot reboot-bootloader; echo "Waiting 5 seconds for bootloader to reboot"; sleep 5; fastboot flash system system.img; fastboot flash vendor vendor.img; fastboot flash userdata userdata.img; # See comments fastboot flash boot boot.img; fastboot erase cache; fastboot flash cache cache.img;
- Install TWRP (fastboot flash recovery /path/to/twrp.img)
- At the bootloader, go into recovery mode
- Once in TWRP, click Advanced, then ADB Sideload, Swipe to start Sideload
- In terminal, run the command: adb sideload /path/to/cyanogenmod.zip
- If you want GApps, sideload that too.
- After successful install, reboot!